What can I say, spring is here, and I for one LOVE this season! What’s not to love?
OK, so I am a bit partial to this particular season since my birthday falls in it, but there are multiple websites that agree with me. Here are twenty of the many reasons why spring tops the charts with a few additional NorCal commentaries of my own.
1. You can enjoy heaps of sunshine.
2. Temperatures are perfect. (especially when you know what summer will bring!)
3. It’s light after work.
4. The leaves are back. ( I love the green of spring.)
5. Cute baby animals are everywhere.
6. Flowers! Flower! Flowers!
7. You have fresh breezes. (Well, hmmmm. Had 30 mile an hour winds about three weeks ago. Not sure what constitutes "fresh.")
8. You can work outside. (Hired a gardener to do that, so now I just enjoy the outside. Golf anyone?)
9. You can eat outside again. (Breakfast on the patio; barbecues begin.)
10. You can get your vitamins naturally. (Can anyone say Vitamin D?)
11. The butterflies are back.
12. You can open your windows. (Love this one especially!)
13. Light jackets replace bulky coats.
14. It’s warm enough for iced coffee. (Or iced anything!)
15. You can exercise outdoors. (See? Golf???)
16. It is time for spring cleaning (No idea why this one is on the list though they tried to justify it by claiming it gives you a fresh start.)
17. The birds return. (Absolutely love the singing! Best alarm clock ever.)
18. It makes you more creative. (Scientifically proven)
19. You are safer. (“Springing forward” appears to reduce crime.)
20. It is the season of Easter. (The best reason ever!)
If you have your own reasons for loving spring, then please share. Don’t worry. I love ALL the seasons, and if the truth be known, I found websites claiming each of the seasons is the best––which makes sense, since God created them all.
“15 Scientific Reasons Spring is the Most Delightful Season.” mentalfloss.com. 20 Mar. 2018.
“Ten Reasons Why Spring is the Best Season.” PastBook.com. 2 Mar. 2017.
“20 Reasons Why Spring is the Best Season of the Year.” goodhousekeeping.com. 19 Mar. 2018.